Random Thoughts from a Tired Mind
OK. Here is a little bit of randomness, because that is the kind of day it has been.
~I think Sam may have turned a corner. We even managed to get a little smile out of him today. He went from that unmoving, pathetic little stare to…well…a tad on the grumpy side. The hacking cough, runny nose, and basic slobbery wetness is still there but his fever is a little lower. He didn’t want me to put him down all day. Just Mommy. No Daddy. Just me. Oh, and he wouldn’t nap. SO…you can imagine what kind of day it has been over here.
~Harv is now sick too. Do you know what is worse than a sick baby? A sick baby and a sick baby…er…husband. Actually he has been pretty good. But only because when he told me that he was getting sick I stared at him with this tired, tortured, deer-in-the-headlights sort of gaze and told him that I could only handle sick Sam. Not sick Sam and sick Harv. Feel free to nominate me for any wife of the year awards you come across. Sigh.
~I have been known to cope with stress and tiredness with chocolate. And when there is no chocolate in the house (to avoid the pitfalls of said coping mechanisms) I turn into a bit of a loon.
~I didn’t enjoy Grey’s Anatomy tonight. Not that it wasn’t good. I love that show more than I care to admit. But the whole time I was focused on the dawning reality that an episode that expands from Thanksgiving until after the New Year means only this…no new Grey’s until after the New Year. Hmm. Me not likey.
~I am ACHING to decorate for Christmas. But so far all I have is a bunch of boxes moved from my garage to my entrance. They call to me, and I cannot answer. They taunt me.
~I actually like this daily blogging thing. I am finding it surprisingly enjoyable. I may actually run out of days before I run out of topics. Who knew I would have so much to say? Who knew?
3 comments:
OK - so of all the things you just commented on I am going to chime in on the least important . . . Grey's. I went downstairs to grab some laundry to fold and boom its Christmas? I'm not sure about this season in general and yes, my thought too was that if its already Christmas on the show . . . that must mean no new shows till after Christmas!!!? THere is a 2 hour Private Practice next week . . . are you into that one?
In other news, I also have a sick child. So far just a high fever all day today. Its so hard to see them that way. She even refused a halloween sized chocolate bar. You know that's sick. Hang in there!
so much blogging i can hardly comment. more later
sk
Julie, I do like Private Practice. I really got into that one when I was pregnant, because they have so many baby/pregnancy stories. I am about a month behind on it right now. Sigh...I just don't have the time to watch all the TV I want to watch.
Post a Comment