November 20, 2009

I am too tired to come up with a great title.

Oh goodness. Is it already the 20th? Does anyone else think that this month is going by really fast?

Let’s see…what can I talk about today? Sam is still sick. Harv is still sick. I am still tired.

What to write? What to write? *Looks around the room hoping for inspiration. How about my office? I am so lucky. I have this wonderful office/craft room that most would kill for. I painted it this amazing, inspiring shade of purple. It is a great room. Well…it is GOING to be a great room. The problem is this…

Actually, I see two things wrong with this picture. I see piles of unpacked STUFF that needs a home. And I see a little Sam who is about to start crawling and tearing into all of it!!! It is a child protective custody case just waiting to happen. It’s like a minefield of everything those parenting magazines warn you to deal with before the crawling starts. The clock is ticking.

What to do, what to do.

I think the mess is multiplying. For every pile I declutter, one more seems to pop up. This has become the “throw it in my office” room whenever we are cleaning the house and do not know where to put things. I am a little afraid that the people from those clutter shows like "Hoarders" are secretly peering through my windows scoping out their next story.

At least now with Sam sick, I may have bought myself a few extra sorting days. See, every black cloud has a silver lining. And now back to work.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Our office is always my "quick company is coming! Hide this junk - room". It's awful. But I didn't even start with a nice color. It's a pale blue (ewww!) with a birdhouse border. Yuck. I'm lucky if I can stumble over the piles of junk to get to my deep freeze. Yes my deep freeze is in my office. Right next to the kitchen. Cause I don't want to go downstairs. It's on the "to do" list. :(