Happy Christmas Season Eve Everyone!
Halloween again. Whatever. I think I have been pretty open on this blog in the past about my feelings of disdain for Halloween. My feelings haven’t changed. My feelings on many things have changed since being all knocked up and expecting. But my feelings about being bullied into handing out free candy to kids all hyped up on sugar haven’t changed. And besides…if there was any chocolate kicking around this house, Harv can attest to the fact that I’m not about to share it. Not even with him. So here I am again, Halloween afternoon, wondering what plans I am going to make tonight so I don’t have to stub my toe as I wander around in the darkness of my own house.
I will confess, amid all this cynicism and bah-hallowhumbugging, there is one thing I love about Halloween. Well, its not so much about Halloween per say, but rather the day after. I love the day after Halloween. It’s the day that all the store owners put away all the scary, ugly, gobliny, creepy crap that has been clogging up the Superstore aisles (and yes, I do mean crap) (though I did see the cutest little furry lion costume this week that would most likely look so adorable on my baby next year...). All the Halloween stuff gets put away, the shelves are cleared, and out comes the beauty of the Christmas season, in all its commercialized and glitzy glory. I can’t wait. The magazines, the decorations, the tacky snowmen. I love it all.
There is nothing that puts me in the Christmas spirit like walking through the stores and being bombarded on all sides by every sort of holly-gizmo, and merry-gadget. And tomorrow it all starts. Maybe I should go to bed early tonight to get a good jump on the festivities. And by doing so I can kill two birds with one stone – being fresh in the morning, and all the while avoiding the glassy eyed stares of children in a sugar-induced state of comatose, looking for just a little more candy to fill their already overflowing plastic pumpkins. Maybe I should go to bed now. Let’s just get this day over with so we can start the REAL festivities that come in the morning.
2 comments:
whatever.
i am glad to get it "out of the way" as well... thanks for the reminder that this yr is pretty much over!! and have not yet sent out last yrs xmas cards. sigh
Post a Comment