With the Thoughts I'd be Thinking I Could be Another Lincoln...
Is it a bad sign that I had to think twice to remember my password for getting on this blog? It is a bad sign. It's either a sign of early dementia, or the sad truth that this blog has been shamefully neglected. Either option is frighteningly on the verge of truth and completely unacceptable.
BUT...that's summer. And life is a great mixture of busy and lazy. And my mind is full. Too full to be writing these days. And then when I want to write, the pull of other things draw me away.
So here are a few inconsequential things that are floating through my head on a day like today...
* I got a book from the library called "Grilling for Dummies". I had high hopes that this would be the summer of the BBQ. So far it's been hot dogs and the occasional hamburger. I think I should turn in my library card.
* We just got back from a week of holidays. We had a little R&R in a fairly unknown little Garden of Eden. It was so quiet that I have a whole new appreciation for the chirping of crickets and the lowing of cattle. And I found that I really like saying "lowing" when it comes to cattle.
* Tomorrow is my 8 year anniversary. We made it through the 7 year itch. And it really didn't feel too itchy. Feels pretty good truth be told. 8 years...this deserves a post all it's own, but seeing as how the last post was a little on the mush and gush side, I guess I'll refrain. Maybe...
* So Brad and Angelina had the twins. Ya. Good for them. Whatever. So they have 6 kids now. My hope that he will reunite with his good wife Jennifer is sadly fading. Sigh. How will he feel tomorrow knowing that he could have had 8 years of marriage under his belt as well? (YES...we share an anniversary with Brad and Jen. And Prince Charles and Diana. Harv and I are doing markedly better than they...)
* I had the best blizzard of my entire life this afternoon. There is this DQ in Neepawa that serves chocolate ice cream. This is a surprisingly rare occurrence in a world full of vanilla soft serve. I had a Scor blizzard with chocolate ice cream. Yes...it seems like no big deal. But truthfully, I'm still thinking about it. It was that good.
* I pulled a muscle in my back. Or threw it out...or something. All I know is that for 3 days Harv had to help me out of bed and assist me in the rolling over process. After hours of ice packs and whining I think I am starting to feel a little better. A little. I still can't bend over. But I don't know if that is just fear of it happening all over again. I'm not taking any chances.
* My house is an absolute DISASTER. I wish I could say that I was exaggerating, but sadly I am not. I have never let it get this bad. We arrived home with some sort of strange smell to greet us. And we are getting company on Wednesday. And there is the bending over issue. So...unless some fairy godmother comes to help me (and as far as I know my mother is not planning to be in town tomorrow) we will have have a house that is clean only from the waist up.
Well, that's about all for tonight. Or as Lloyd Robertson would say..."And that's the kind of day it's been..."
Hmmmm... inconsequential thinking can fill an entire post. Who would have thunk?
3 comments:
I happen to know where that "fairly unknown little Garden of Eden" is ;)
I still want to get out there too!
Claudette
You're home? And you didn't phone?
Claudette...you have a little piece of Heaven just under your nose, and you haven't taken advantage?! You should go...it's WONDERFUL! :)
Post a Comment