June 23, 2008

A Walk To Remember...

You may or may not have noticed, but I seem to have lost my blogging mojo. I was actually seriously considering pulling the plug on the whole thing, but my dear hubby stepped in and put the kibosh on that crazy idea, so here I am. And to think I wasn’t even sure he was a reader of this blog, and now he is heading the protest. So in honor of him, I thought I would dedicate to him the following post. After all, it was 9 years ago tonight that he swooped in and changed my life forever…

Nine years ago tonight I was on my very first date with a quiet blond fellow named Harv. I had worried all day about who was going to carry on the conversation, and had even conscripted my girlfriends to help me with conversation starters and witty repartee. I was so pleased to discover that this fellow was not as quiet as I thought but was actually quite chatty when I would let him get a word in edgewise (some things haven’t changed…).

We spent the evening at the Winnipeg Zoo, walked around Assiniboine Park, and went out for coffee. I’ll tell you folks, one date and my life was never the same. One night changed everything. That guy hooked me right from the start, and I’ve been stuck on him ever since. I dug out my old journal to see my post-date-play-by-play and found the crazy ramblings of a star struck young girl…

...Lord I am scared to give my heart away. We have been on one date and already my mind has got me married. I want to take it slow, but yet my mind dreams of taking it fast…

6 months later we were engaged. 9 years later, and life with him just keeps getting better and better. Happy “date-a-versary” hubby. Thanks for getting up the nerve to ask me out. Thanks for walking with me through the sweaty palms and nervousness of our first date. I’d do it all over again.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Nice pic!

(Miss ya.)

Sonya said...

Aww...sweet post. Please don't pull the plug! I'd miss you in this cyber-world!

Anonymous said...

I remember that night - or at least getting the after-date play-by-play in person! :)
AW

Anonymous said...

Love you too sweetheart. You've made my life so much better. Thanks for saying yes to that first date 9 years ago. -HJ

Anonymous said...

nothin but a tall, cool, cuppa water. gushy post but you two do look good together.

find something new to post about. the inspiration is everywhere...we reluctant followers wait in the wings

anon, you will never know

Anonymous said...

...ah,yes, that"catch" of yours has enriched not only your life, but also a whole circle of fortunate family members.