Goodbye Sweet Nectar of the Vines
It’s not a good day. It finally happened - the dreaded event that I have been hoping to avoid.
I’m out of salsa.
No…you don’t get it. This is indeed a BIG DEAL. This is not just ANY salsa. This is my very own - tweaked over the years, practiced to perfection, studied for the ultimate combination of sweet and sassy - salsa. Using veggies grown lovingly by my very own hands in my very own garden.
It’s miracle salsa.
And now it’s gone.
And the new vines are not even in the ground yet. How did this happen? Something went dreadfully wrong with my carefully laid “don’t let the salsa run out before the harvest” plan.
And now, all I have left is commoner salsa. The fruit of the masses. The Superstore salsa that lacks all punch and power. Sigh. Suddenly I am not feeling so sassy. I am mellowing to a milder version of my true self.
And I don’t think I’ll be back until canning season.
6 comments:
I love your salsa. I wish I had some right now. I recommend Pace Picante as a close second.
Well... Not that close... But definitely better than Stupidstore brand.
I feel your pain girl! I am out of dills and sweet pickles. My salsa is gone too - but I can't say I'm in love with it. I'm jealous of your perfected salsa. :)
Mmmmm pickles. I like pickles. Maybe I should try my hand at canning those this year.
As far as the salsa, I could certainly give you the recipee...but it has taken a fair bit of tweaking over the years. Maybe we should do a trade...pickles for salsa! ;)
I'd love to give your salsa recipe a whirl. I have an awesome sweet pickle recipe that I tried for the first time last year - the most amazing pickles, if I do say so myself!!
and apparently this blog is gone too...
anon.
Post a Comment