Springing into a Communication Meltdown
It is 4:40 and I really want to be talking to my sister. It is not uncommon that we would be communicating at a time such as this. But that was before. And this is now. Now everything is different. Now everything has changed.
And I don’t like change.
Oh blasted Daylight Savings Time, why do you wreak such havoc on our lives? Why do you step in and mess up carefully laid out schedules and all the comforts of normalcy? I realize that this is not uncommon. We deal with this twice a year. You would think that I would be used to it by now. But every time it is an uncomfortable blow of confusion.
You may be scratching your head and thinking… "I thought Saskatchewan didn’t adhere to the time change? What is she getting all worked up about?” And yes, you would be right…we are the one province in this blessed land of ours that refuses to spring forward or back with our neighbors. I should not be affected. But I am. This is what happens when you live in one province, and the rest of your family lives in another.
Now everything is different. My regularly scheduled convo’s with my dear sister are all thrown out of whack. When I am free, she is having lunch with her hubby. And by the time her hubby is back at work, mine has just arrived home. Then the kids are coming home from school, just as I am getting ready to sit on the couch and have a heart to heart. Right now my supper is in the oven and I am free for a chat. But she is feeding her family and won’t be done until…well…until it’s about time to feed mine. Then of coarse it’s evening plans, and by the time we get home after 9, it will be after 10 for her, and there are rules about calling after 10 (don’t do it).
Sigh. This does not even account for my other sister, who is in Ontario, and even further ahead…or behind. Truth be told, I don’t even know what time it is over there!! Sigh. At this rate, I won’t get to talk to my family until fall.
I think I might have to go out and buy some stamps.
4 comments:
this site could change your life.
no need for stamps.
bookmark it.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?continent=namerica
even better.. if you make your personal clock..
putting in your time..
and your sisters
(it allows you 25)
then book mark.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/setpersonal.html
(here to help)
25 sisters?
I only have 2.
have you actually MAILED a letter since Reagan was president? I don't think so.
Better get blogging, you are beating me.
anon.
Post a Comment