March 06, 2008

A Plea from the Frozen Tundra of my Mind

There must be something strange in the water these days; something floating around undetected that is throwing me all off kilter. I am not referring to our new water supplier: Superstore (or rather that we are now back to Superstore after they finally paid their water bill and are back in supply.) I am not even talking about the new found affection our former fish bully Dorrie has now found for her fishy tank mate Bonnie. I am talking about something entirely different. Or rather, I am not sure what I am talking about, but I know that something feels a little out of whack. I am not feeling like myself. I feel a little…off (Well let’s face it, I am usually off in some way or another, but this time I can’t quite put my finger on what it is.).

I haven’t felt like writing. I haven’t been playing on Facebook. I actually felt anger at my beloved cat the other day, because she wasn’t living up to my cuddly-cat expectations. Not even chocolate is holding its normal appeal. I have been all clingy and needy to my poor husband who is absolutely befuddled as to how to handle me. Sigh. All I can say is this…

I AM SO SO SOOOOOO SICK TO DEATH OF WINTER.

It has GOT to be over soon. It just has to be.

So maybe it is not in the water at all. Maybe it’s in the air. The cold, frigid, freeze your eyeballs open air that is seemingly NEVER ENDING. My calendar is telling me that in 14 days it will be spring. Dare I hope that to be true?

Oh please, someone tell me winter will be over soon.

Please?

2 comments:

Becky said...

It will be over soon.

Sonya said...

I feel your pain!