The Too Tired to Think of a Witty Title Post
Have you ever been so tired that you feel like you can't even think straight? Probably not the best state of mind to be writing on a public internet forum. I can't be held responsible for what I may or may not say on here. It has been quite a week. We've had two funerals, a church banquet, worship leading, visitors, stresses and tensions to deal with...and I know there is more, but I am too zoned to think of anything else. I feel so tired that all I want to do is cry. I slept this afternoon for 3 hours, and I'm thinking of heading to bed before 9. That is not like me. It is amazing how things can all build up. It feels like some weeks are slow and "normal" and then you get hit with a whirlwind.
It is days like these where I need to fight to avoid drowning my sorrows in a pool of chocolate, or letting complete dispair set in. So far the fight is not going so good. But I am happy to say that I have only sucumb to a little chocolate and a little bit of complete dispair. I guess that would make it partial dispair.
But help is on the way. My dearest friend Tia is on her way armed with good humor and craft supplies. I have cleared my calendar and we will be having a week with enough rest and creativity to rejuvinate even the tiredest of old souls. She is informed of my depleted state, and will be fully prepared for a week of frozen pizza and Kraft Dinner.
Seriously...I feel the dispair subsiding, even just anticipating it. And in the meantime...I'm going to bed. OK...maybe just a little more chocolate, and then it's time for bed. I can't be expected to resist in my tired and weakend state. Sweet dreams everyone.
1 comment:
My dear friend, I love to listen to your ramblings ... even when you think you are too tired to bless people, you still do!! Sometimes the best thing we can do is REST and RELAX ... it helps our Body, Soul and Spirit ... so make sure to take care of you. I just did a similar entry in my blog called 'Sleep it's a Gift'. Check it out! (www.diane-exner.com/blog)
Enjoy your crafting my creative friend. L&H, Diane
Post a Comment