When the Get-Up-And-Go Actually Gets Up...
I was up with the birds this morning, so I thought that I should give an update. I have been overcome with a strange burst of energy as of late, and the results are a lot of productivity which I am somewhat unaccustomed to. I’m not sure what it is…maybe the weather, or hitting the first days of summer, but I like it. It is a good thing, as I am getting things done that have been on my “list” for some time now. It has been a busy week. I have visited people that I have been meaning to visit, and I have been working on projects that I have been meaning to work on. It feels good. It feels good to get things done. This is what my sister must feel like…so accomplished. And my mother must feel this way too. And all my aunts. Well lets face it, this is what most of the normal world must feel like.
I still haven’t gotten around to cleaning my office/craft room. I get too distracted by my computer, which is actually somewhat of a benefit to you at this very minute. But I have a clean house, and weed-free flowerbeds (for the moment). Oh, and I did finally start painting the trim in my kitchen after almost 2 years of being annoyed with it. Once that is done I am thinking it is time to pick paint for the basement. I should get on that beast of a project before this new-fangled energy train parks back at the station.
I’m sure I could get done a lot more things and ride this get-up-and-go for all it’s worth if I was more organized, but I am afraid that if I actually sit down to make a proper list I may never get up again, and that just will not do. Maybe that is the key to my success…no more lists and more spontaneity. Maybe I am not actually riding the energy train so much as the spontaneous train. Whipping out that paint for the trim was definitely spontaneous, and once you start, you have to finish it right? Well, speaking of…I need to do one last coat before worship practice this morning. And while I’m at it, that bathroom of ours could use a paint job…and maybe a new floor…I’m sure I have a crowbar around here somewhere…
2 comments:
You may be right about it being the spontaneity that makes the difference. Look at what happened with the pruning! I'm telling you, if we had started the day planning to prune it would have never happened.
..your mother does not feel so acomplished, and she does not get much done--a bit of buzzing and puttering here and there!But you go girl!
Post a Comment