May 19, 2007

We All Should Have Known...

I don't know why we are surprised. After last year, we all should have been prepared. Last May I wrote a total of 3 posts, and this May is shaping up to be the same scenario. However, after a little rebuke by my dearly loved Auntie, I thought I should at least let you know that I am not still outside raking. Oh yes indeed, I am still outside...planting, pruning, digging, hauling, building, watering, beautifying, and horticulturing - but not raking. Can you imagine if I was still raking? If I was still trying to get EVERY LAST little leaf? If that was the case, then I would give you full permission to call the men with the little white coats to come, take me away, and zap the perfectionism right out of me with some sort of new-fangled laser treatment. Oh if only it was that easy.

It has been a crazy week. My mom and dad were here at the beginning of the week, working hard, and doing things to my yard that you wouldn't even believe. I would like to prove that with pictures, but my camera had no batteries, so you are going to have to take my word for it. We built a flower bed in the front of our house, because we had VERY LITTLE curb appeal out there (and were even told that by not-so-subtle-say-everything-in-my-brain-church-member). We also built a flower bed at the back of the yard. Add these to the three we built last year, and the ones that were already here, and I now have my work cut out for me. And all I can say is....IT'S SOOOO FUN!!!

Well, that is all the time I have for today...Harv and I are going to plant the garden. What a great time of year. And really, all that's left to say is what we all should have known...dirty hands + warm heart = neglected blog!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, all of that yard work... But I still need to remind you that you've been tagged and I'm dying to find out seven things most people wouldn't know about you. I want to see if I knew them.

Also, I'm phoning you to discuss the things you mentioned in that email. I would do it right now but it's almost ten...

Shirley said...

Becky! Here is #1 of things that you apparantly don't know about me...I am ALWAYS up after 10:00.

heh heh :)

Becky said...

Just because I know it, doesn't mean it's polite to call after 9 without checking with them.

Shirley said...

9:00? NINE?!? I always thought the unwritten rule of "don't call after" was 10:00. Boy...I owe alot of people an apology. Are you sure it's 9:00? I think we need a poll here...

:)

Becky said...

For me it's nine. It may have something to do with being raised by someone who leans towards being completely anti-social.

Becky said...

Oh, and by the way... You're still it.

Shirley said...

Well I KNOW I have called you many times after 9:00. Sorry.

And yes, I am working on the list. I started it today.

Becky said...

See, but you call after nine because I have previously given you permission to do so. I don't ever remember calling you after nine-thirty. And now that I am thinking about this... I think after nine is probably fine for most people, but not 9:30. It's just too close to ten.

Becky said...

... And ten is too close to midnight.

Shirley said...

Ha Ha I wonder how long we can carry this conversation out? And it really has nothing to do with this post. How fun.

I noticed you called tonight. And it was after nine. But it was after 10 when I got home. Oh all these rules. It is really blocking our conversation.

Becky said...

I was just going to come on here and say we need to have a conversation outside of this blog already. I would call you right now, but it is nap time and I have to be quiet.