June 09, 2006

Ode to a Neglected Blog

Oh little blog that I’ve neglected so badly
When I boot up the computer you look at me sadly
So many things take up my attention
I figured it time to pause and make mention

But how can I blog when the weather it teases
Luring me out with its warmth and its breezes?
How can I blog when the garden is growing, and the
Seeds are now sprouting from all of my sowing?

How can I write when the flowers need keeping
With such beautiful blooms that send my heart leaping?
How can I write when the grass needs a mowing,
the hedges need pruning,
The garden needs hoeing?

I’ve mastered the weed wacker, the shovel and hoe
I have 8 million mosquito bites, (that’s just on my toe).
My hands are all dirty, nails wrecked beyond measure,
But it’s a small price to pay for my botanical treasure!

Maybe tomorrow I’ll write once again
Has anyone heard if they’re calling for rain?
I’ve had no time for writing, and that has been hard
But how can I stop when I’m obsessed with my yard?

8 comments:

Becky said...

Impressive. Most impressive.

Anonymous said...

prove it with a picture... it's worth 1000 words

John said...

Ah Shirley. Everytime I come here I am either challenged or you make me smile. smile day.

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i am taking the fifth. what happened to freedom of speech? what happened to the monologues about "please comment on my blog..."

Shirley said...

Hey, chill out. The comment was deleted by the author. The author of the comment. Not the author of the blog. All comments are joyfully welcomed on this sight.

Don't you feel a little sheepish now?

Anonymous said...

caught in the act. rats.

Anonymous said...

What delightful poetry! Expresses my feelings so well. I love my flower beds, they are responding so beautifully to my touch (or is it Gordon's faithful watering?) My veggie garden is looking lush amongst the weeds (why hasn't Gordon gotten to that yet?)