May 23, 2007

Would You Like Cheese With Your Whine?

*note: Mom, you may not want to read this…

You have got to be freakin’ kidding me. This day could not get any worse. This week could not get any worse. Seriously…I could just swear. Really. But I won’t, because I know my mom is reading this, even though I warned her not to. Yes, I know that there are people sleeping on the streets. I know that there are children starving in war-torn countries. I know that there are many that have things WAY WORSE than me…but right now… I feel like life just sucks.

It was a bad day. We had to get the roofers to come in today, because they didn’t seal the chimney properly last month when they redid the shingles. The rain was leaking into my kitchen peeling down my paint and causing the stippling to crumble and fall. Then I went downstairs and found that there was a mass flood in our basement. The rain was coming in from somewhere. And we had just barely got the carpet dry from last week when we had to get the rotor rooter in after a tree root blocked the drain and flooded our washing machine. Now all the dirt that the rotor rooter guys dragged in has all turned to mud. The carpet will never recover.

My flower beds are flooded and everything is so wet and yet the rain still comes. Oh, but it did stop for a minute when is started to SNOW. That's right...I said snow. I might as well just water my flowers with poison and put them out of their misery.

My back is killing me. I don’t know what I did. And now I am wondering if it is my back at all. Maybe it is my kidneys. Maybe I’ve got the stones. That is just a self diagnosis in my depressive state. I am moving like an old woman, and I really need to be in tip top shape, because we are having a garage sale in Friday and I am NOT READY. And that is stressing me out.

And so I have been crying all day. Crying and eating chocolate. I know…it really doesn’t sound that bad. It doesn’t sound like much. Truthfully it is so much more, but these are the things that I feel I can share on a public forum such as this. An open book I am not. So I will just share a few and you can imagine the rest. Imagine it's bad enough to provoke an unhealthy mixture of tears, chocolate overdosing and swearing.

Thanks for letting me whine. Not that you had a choice...it is my blog. But I do feel a little better already. Maybe the chocolate is just kicking in. Tomorrow WILL be a better day. Right?! Oh please tell me that tomorrow is a better day. Mom? Are you reading this? You always said things would look brighter in the morning. I'm counting on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I empathize and how I pray things are indeed better today. Lots of us lurkers are in prayer for you today I am sure. The Lord be with you to encourage your heart.

Becky said...

Awe! Come to mama... Come.

John said...

Shirley is it okay to say that I found parts of this quite funny. I have days like that as well. Where, I would just like to stand on the front step and yell and swear as loud and long as I can. I hope your friday was way better than the rest of your week.

Shirley said...

John, it is ok that you laugh. But only you. sigh.

And Friday I spent with your daughter, and that's enough to cheer up anyone!