February 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Hubby! Thanks for Being Born.


In honor of my dear hubby who is 34 today, I would like to present the following list...

Shirley's Top Ten Reasons Why It's Great To Be Married To Harv.

  1. I haven't had to scrape ice off the car window in 6 years.
  2. When we fly, he gives up the window seat (a sacred cow for him) because he knows I don't like sitting beside strangers.
  3. He is the only person I know who can out-hug me. And I hug a lot.
  4. He has never once complained about ANYTHING I have ever cooked in our marriage, with the exception of a little frown over the Hamburger Stroganoff incident of 2005.
  5. He still opens the car door for me after more than 6 years of marriage.
  6. He has the kindest heart of anyone I have ever met. In my life. Ever.
  7. When he makes me laugh, he gets this overjoyed look on his face, as if he's just accomplished this great feat. I never understand that, because he makes me laugh all the time. He has this great unexpected humor that cracks me up.
  8. He prays with me every night before we go to sleep.
  9. He does the right thing, and does what needs to be done. Every time. There is a lot of integrity there, that gives a wife's heart much peace.
  10. Well he's just so darn cute.

Happy Birthday my love. You are truly an exceptional person. I'm so glad I get to celebrate you today!! I hope it's a great day.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Harv! I'm pretty glad you were born too! You're a great pastor and a fabulous friend, and you make my friend Shirley very happy, which makes me happy!

Toad said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARV.