Twas the Night Before Christmas...again
At the risk of copying last years thoughts and sentiments exactly, I am stopping to write as we cross over from Christmas Eve to the day. Once again I find myself in that quiet place where jingle bells and decking the halls turn into silent night. Everything is now quiet. Every thing is still. Well at least in my household it is. The presents are wrapped and everything that is needed to be done is done - or scrapped and chalked up to "maybe next year". This is my favorite time of Christmas -when it doesn't matter if we are ready or not - it's here, and we will enjoy it. Everything is laid aside and we embrace the day. And all the things that we have been stressing and fussing over somehow don't seem that important in light of the reason for all our celebrations.
It has been quite a week. There has been nothing silent and nothing still about my week. And though I could write about it all, and catch everyone up, I really prefer to just enjoy the calm of this moment. My hubby is asleep, getting rested for our early morning drive to Winnipeg, and my cat is curled up near my feet. And for just this moment - everything is right in my little world. And I wish the same for you. I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and God's blessings for the New Year.
*OK - that last line seemed a little like a Christmas card, but since the whole mailing of cards thing fell under the category of "maybe next year" - consider this post my personal greeting to you.
And finally...Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
5 comments:
At the risk of copying last year's senitiments exactly...
Merry Christmas Mrs. Janzen and Shirley! I love both of you!
*Hugs.
Man. Too bad I don't proofread at one in the morning. Stinkin.
Hey...why aren't you sleeping?
Why aren't I?!
You do know it's 2007 right?
That means you haven't posted since last year.
LAST YEAR.
Yes, I'm getting right on that...
Post a Comment