January 09, 2007

A Slow Start to the New Year.

So it's been brought to my attention that I am a little behind (wouldn't it be more fun if it was brought to my attention that I HAD a little behind? er...nevermind...). Anywhoo...according to my blog we are still in the midst of Christmas. Is this a problem, or just a reality in my world? As of last night we were still in full fledged Christmas mode. The decorations are still up, cards and gift wrap are still strewn about, and last night we got back from the last installment of gatherings and get-togethers. It has been a full two weeks of company and travel, and frankly...I'm exhausted. Last night we lay in our own bed, in our own just-the-two-of-us house, and I felt happy. Happy to be home. Happy to be getting into the year. Happy to get back to routine. Maybe that is why I found myself awake at 5 this morning...ready to start in on that highly anticipated routine. Or maybe it is just because I am not feeling well. All the Christmas chocolate is finally catching up with me. All I know is, no matter how I am feeling, that tree is coming down today. The Christmas stuff will be put away, and I will be starting a little thing that I like to call "Shirley's After-Christmas-Cleaning-Extravaganza". Just the thought of it gets me all tingly. Or maybe that is a fever coming on. You never can tell.

Time to get started on that extravaganza...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Welcome home!

That's all.