April 04, 2006

I'm Walkin' on Sunshine...

I feel all tingly. I’m tingling all over. Not the kind of tingly you feel when you are about to plunge to most certain death on the Drop of Doom at an amusement park. Not even the kind of tingly you feel when your spouse walks in the room and looks at you just so. I am not even talking about the tingles you get when your foot falls asleep and you do that little dance/shake movement to try to wake it up again. The tingles that I am feeling are so much more self satisfying than any of those things. What I am feeling is the tingles that you feel after a good sweatin’ exercise session. Yes…it is amazing.

We have recently added an addition to our home. We bought a treadmill. And let me tell you people…I am feeling the burn. It was a big decision. We left the store and I said to Harv that I felt like throwing up. I don’t do well with purchases over $20. But we got it, and so far it has been a welcome edition. I am really trying to take advantage of the thrill of the purchase, and the newness of the machine. Right now it is still fun and exciting to use it. I want to make the most of it before the morning comes when I have to force myself to even go near it.

Now there are no excuses. For I am convinced that neither cold nor ice, neither heat nor mosquitoes, neither gas prices (to drive to the gym) nor darkness, neither threats of mugging nor anything else in Shirley’s creative excuse book for not exercising will be able to separate me from that beloved treadmill.

Welcome to the family oh happy walking machine!

Oh! I am told it also doubles as a great clothes hanging device on laundry day! Woo Hoo!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same person who was drooling with excitement over spring's arrival just a few days ago!?! How can you sweat in an enclosed dark space when the sun is CALLING you to come out and enjoy the return of spring, where you don't even think about the sweat and toil and you stride along because you are eagerly looking for and enjoying every sign of spring!! The invigorating fresh air breathed deeply in the lungs! The first robins showing off their rosy breast as they search for food. The ugly, dirty snow being reduced to flowing water and then soaking into the thirsty earth. Need I go on!?!

Shirley said...

I know I know!! We WANTED to get the treadmill in the dead of Winter, but we couldn't until now. The timing is unfortunate indeed. BUT - Harv and I have been going for evening stolls to enjoy the weather. I mean business on the machine. No time for dilly dallying, bird watching, or deep cleansing breath!! It's all about the sweating.