Things that you may or may not care to know about me!!
Becky “tagged” me. That’s just blogger lingo for a writing assignment. Yippee! I’m always up for an assignment. I feel like such a journalist. Except instead of writing about strife in the Middle East, or the effects of BSE on the economy – I get to write about – little ole’ me!
So here we go…FOUR THINGS:
FOUR JOBS I’VE HAD…
1. Potato, dirt, rock and weed picker on my Dad’s farm. I realized quickly that I was not meant for a life as a farmer.
2. Dish crew/waitress at a fishing lodge in Great Slave Lake, NWT
3. Dean of Women, Nanny, Aide in a nursing home…I’ve done it all.
4. Working the till at the Austin MCC Thrift store with my Grandma…that led me into a life long service in the retail industry
FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH AGAIN & AGAIN…
1. Armageddon – there is just something about it.
2. The Sound of Music – every Christmas
3. Any romantic comedy – Runaway Bride, You’ve Got Mail, etc
4. Irving Berlin’s - White Christmas
FOUR PLACES I’VE LIVED…
1. Manitoba - MacGregor, Bagot, Winnipeg
2. Pambrun, SK – Bible School dorm!!
3. Caronport, SK – Student housing. Yeesh.
4. Yorkton, SK – Started in the back of the church, and upgraded to our most wonderful, charming, little house that we love so much.
FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE…
1. Grey’s Anatomy. I could watch this every night. I LOVE it.
2. “Thursday night Must See TV” Friends (re-runs sniff sniff) E.R.
3. My Reality TV fixes: Survivor, American Idol & Amazing Race
4. Isn’t that enough? We do have things to do!
FOUR PLACES I’VE VACATIONED…
1. The U.S.A. – I’ve felt the heat of Texas, nearly threw up at Space Mountain in Disney World, climbed the Statue of Liberty, saw the carved faces at Mt. Rushmore, been terrified driving through the Rockies, and hiked down into the Grand Canyon.
2. Ottawa for our honeymoon
3. The unforgettable Nova Scotia
4. Viewing the White shell, one cabin at a time
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DISHES…
1. Kraft Dinner and fresh garden corn.
2. Pepperoni, mushroom and pineapple pizza Yum Yum.
3. B.B.Q’d burgers and corn on the cob – will summer ever come?
4. Chinese food – fried rice, egg rolls, chop suey, chicken balls, veggies…just the traditional stuff that some consider boring, but I can’t live without!
Oh, and lets not leave out dessert…the DQ Blizzard.
FOUR SITES I VISIT DAILY…
1. Shirley’s Blog – not that I am vain…I just really am hoping people have made comments!!
2. Blogs, blogs and more blogs.
3. Hotmail (my email)
4. Sympatico – MSN for entertainment and interesting facts so many things.
FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW…
1. Winnipeg, playing dutch blitz with Tia and Amy
2. Somewhere warm – a Caribbean cruise, or an island beach in Aruba (just like the one on my desktop screen saver).
3. Back to the 1990’s – my Millar College days…best days ever. Anyone have a time machine handy? (but Harv would have to come too!) (and our cat)
4. Anywhere but here. I know that sounds really sad, but it’s so true, so true
Well, there you have it. Little known facts about me. Now I would like to see everyone that reads this blog, pick a question and list your four. C’mon, don’t be shy. I know I have some regular readers that don’t speak up on here…now’s your chance!! You know who you are!! And Claudette, seeing as how I so promptly responded to your email/quiz – I am expecting you to be the first to reply…
Have good night all!
7 comments:
Bring on the Dutch Blitz baby! I'll get 'the Chicks' ready.
As for a top 4 list:
FOUR CARS I'VE OWNED...
1. 1972 Toyota Corona - yes, CoroNa and no, I'm not THAT old but the car was!
2. 1988 Hyundai Excel, red, 'Susie' - loved that car!
3. 1989 Honda Accord - lost it in a flood on my street! That still burns me.
4. 1998 Saturn SL2 - If it weren't for the spoiler and the sunroof it would be such a grandpa car! But it gets me where I need to go.
Ah yes...Susie. Good times. Good times.
Once I had to do the word verification like FOUR times. Every time I kept getting more flustered and irritated and the words kept getting longer and harder... Shirley did you know that I haven't had ONE spam comment on my blog in MONTHS? I kid you not...
What would I have to do to convince (bribe) you to take it off for just a little while... just to try it out?
Well, one thing you could do is stop bugging me about it. (what is with you Braun's and the word verification thing? It takes you longer to comment about it than to actaully type in 5 letters!!) It seems the more you bug me about it, the more stubborn I get. Yes, I realize it is not a very attractive quality. Not a very humble and teachable spirit. sigh.
Admittance is the first step to recovery...
Then again, maybe a DQ ice cream cake might work...
Hey Shirley,
From one blogger to another:
You can change your settings somewhere so you get an email everytime someone posted a comment, that's how I have mine set up. That way you know instantly without having to go to your blog site. :)
FYI
I enjoy reading your blogs from Colorado....
Oh Shirley, I am so jealous of your job at a fishing lodge. That is like my dream job. I think when I retire, I will see if I can work at a lodge even if only for a year...I think I will go find a fishing magazine, read a little, and hopefully dream about a nice pike tonight.
just another Braun who doesn't like the word thing
Hey, didn't you note I said that I was on the dishcrew at the lodge? Are you SURE you want that job?
But they did have some guides that drove the boats and gave fishing advice to the rich, drunk fisherman. Maybe you could do that job.
Post a Comment