Idle Chit Chat...
It's a beautiful day for a wedding. Harv tried his suit on yesterday and he looks absolutely smashing. It is so bizarre to witness the man you married marrying others. I used to revere that officiating position with great awe and honor. But I guess if Alanis Morrisette can go on-line and become qualified to marry off her gay friends, then maybe the lofty position is slipping just slightly. Well I am still proud of Harv.
This morning we spent the morning cleaning our house, and then I spent the next hour pleading with our cat to stop shedding. It is a BIG problem. If I didn't adore that little fuzz ball so much I would shave her bald. I have a whole new relationship with the broom that I never had before.
Tomorrow my Mom and Dad are coming. Mom is bringing a turkey...much to our delight. And we thought that this would be a turkeyless Thanksgiving. We are having a potluck at the church tomorrow - or "pot-bless" for those of you who don't believe in luck. I haven't made my casserole yet, so I figure it's going to be a late night tonight. Who knows when this wedding will wind down. I am making my Auntie Carolyn's Pizza casserole. This is not very "Thanksgiving-y" I realize, but I figured that due to my great appreciation and thankfullness for pizza, it would be appropriate.
Well I must go - gotta get all dolled up for the wedding. And I just realized that I don't even have a card. It has been one of those weeks. I may have to pull a Martha and whip up a home-made one. But what can I make for the gift? Oh and by the way - this Thanksgiving I am also very thankful for the over abundance of great craft options that we have in this great land of ours. It's a good thing. Happy Thanksgiving all!
2 comments:
Awwwww... I'm missing a potluck? At least you aren't making your fabu pizza for it... then I'd really have a reason to cry!
Hey...if that is what it would have taken to get you to stay, I would have made 2!!! And throw in something chocolate for dessert.
Post a Comment