January 15, 2008

Happy Little Homebody

Yesterday Becky called me a homebody. Would some of you find that insulting? I just found it delightful (and I know she knew I would). Yes, I am a homebody. There is nothing that excites me more than a day at home with no plans. My mother was like this. And I am happy to inherit the genes. Today I am at home. Nothing short of a house fire is going to get me to leave this house today. I am snug as a bug in a rug.

I love being at home. I love having the day before me to putter and clean and do projects and catch up on my computer time. I love not doing my hair, and walking around in “home clothes”. It is a mix of satisfaction and increased adrenalin that someone may just pop in and catch me in this unfashionly state. On home days I feel free. I can decide what I will do with my time. I can decide whether or not I will answer the phone. I can decide whether or not I will answer the door, or slide on my belly across the floor, hoping that no one saw me through the window. OK…I don’t actually DO that. And I don’t usually let the phone ring either, but there is some thing about home days that make me feel like I could do those things if I wanted to.

I wish I could be home everyday. Sometimes that attitude concerns my hubby who states constantly that it would drive him crazy to be at home all day. Maybe that is why he drags me out so much. Or maybe it’s because of his job. Either way, I take these home days when I can get them, and soak in every precious minute. So today I am celebrating home days. And you can celebrate them with me. After all, if it wasn’t for these home days, I may never get to write in this blog.

And then what would you read on your home days?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so then why are you always trying to get away from it all???

anon

Shirley said...

Do you think that "it all" means my HOUSE?

Tea with Tiffany said...

Home sweet home. There's something peaceful about being where you can relax with no need to dress to impress.

I love to be HOME. I can become addicting. Yet I long for intimate relationships, so I wander out to have coffee with a few friends.

HUGS from Colorado.

Did I tell you we are coming to Canada for summer vacation? Vancouver.

Tea with Tiffany said...

I meant "it" can become addicting.

Anonymous said...

I love Home Days too Shirley. I can sing, dance and slide across the floor on my belly if I want too! I sing like no one can hear me, dance like no one is watching and well I have yet to try the slide on my belly thing ... but I could if I wanted to.

Keep blogging girlfriend. I love to keep in touch, anyway we can. I'm sending you a cyber hug ((*)). I miss you!