April 19, 2007

That's a GREAT Idea!!

This little ditty has been circling the blogging kingdom, and I am jumping on board. Thanks Becky!

Leave one memory that you and I had together in the comments section. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Feel free to steal this idea for your blog and join in the fun!

Now I know I have a lot of lurkers out there, so this is an invitation to come out of hiding. C'mon people, don't let me down. You know who you are. :)

15 comments:

Becky said...

Me first! Me first! The first time I knew it was love... You said Superstore filled you with rage. And I knew we were destined for eachother...

Anonymous said...

There are so many memories I have with you in my short time living in Yorkton. The one that really sticks out in my head is having a bbq in your "backyard" at your place with the misquito's and the gravel. But moreover, the many nights sitting and chatting! I miss that! I honestly do! When are you coming to Alberta?? Hehe. ...Hope you're well!
Monica

Anonymous said...

Hi: lurker Sue here. The first time I read your blog you were commenting on some of the "joys" of being a pastor's wife and I could so relate to them. Your honesty was so refreshing. Thanks for that. Some days it is hard to be real in that role but you are and it is affirming and encouraging. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

A lurker here from waaay back . . . My memory of real life Shirley - as opposed to super cute cyber blogger whiz - fun and laughter!! Now I too appreciate your honesty and your courage to be "real" as well as your flair for putting it so well in print!
Julie in MacGregor

Anonymous said...

Another lurker here...a memory of Shirley would be working with her all summer at Carberry Bible Camp many, many years ago. She would schedule my break time up against canteen time which allowed me a nice time to nap each day (camp can take a lot out of you!). Also, at meal time, she seated my girls cabin alongside a boys cabin who had a cute counsellor. This cute counsellor became my husband 3 years later! Good job Shirley!

And so many memories of bible school days! Where do I begin? Not enough room here. Maybe another day!

Charlotte from Winkler

Shirley said...

This is so fun...I feel all warm and goosebumpy.

Julie...I had no idea you read my blog! I should have called out the lurkers long ago. Anyone else want to surprise me by coming out of hiding?

Becky said...

Today... What a hard day. Then, while I was driving to the hospital I heard "Come Lord Jesus, Come" and I thought of my friend Shirley... And I felt better. Love you. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, okay. I am finally going to comment on your blog (though I vowed I wouldn't until I received a personal visit from you!!) Anyway, here goes.... piano/organ duets, sleepovers in the pit or on the trampoline, and last but not least - "Chicago's Greatest Hits". Miss you, Shirley.

Claudette

Shirley said...

Ah Claudette...I was just thinking about you the other day. I was sorting through some stuff downstairs and came across a little ditty you once wrote entitled: "Shirley don't wear no pantyhose." You were quite the poet in your youth. I was going to email it to you and Charlotte.

How firm are you on the personal visit? How about a personal email? Would that keep the comments flowing?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shirley, your FAVOURITE auntie (just saying that to bug the others!) You were the CUTEST baby I had ever seen. Remember the granny square vest I crocheted for you? I came across the picture the other day....
Auntie E.

Anonymous said...

Shirley don't where no pantyhose!?!? Please email that one as I have no recollection. Yes, a personal email would suffice (but a visit would be better!) Did you know I was in Yorkton yesterday? Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted us to pop in...

Claudette

Anonymous said...

This is from your most favorite aunt with whom you have the most special relationship who is the most regular reader. Love the way the words just flow from your brain. You got the gift, girl & know how put it into words so the rest of us can say - oh, yes, girl, you got it!! Now I get it too!! Whatever IT is!!!
Auntie L. from W.

Shirley said...

Oh ladeeda. How fun! This is the best post EVER. I may never write again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart

Memories of you. Oh, where do I begin? So many good memories. Love you so much. -Harv

Anonymous said...

My memory is censored.
You'll have to come see me in person.
Will.. I? Will.. WE ever see you again?