January 19, 2007

Just Say No!

Just say no. If you are walking through Wal-Mart and see a salty little snack that peeks your interest – just say no. If you are looking at this particular snack and feel a sense of wonder as you read it’s claims of fiber, 0 trans fats, and baked krispy goodness, just say no. If you decide to buy this particular item, and think – “What the heck, I’ll get this other flavor as well.” just say no. If you think about having a little pre-supper-fill'er-upper, and grab this ketchupy snack…

...thinking that you have found the golden ticket that will help you give up your Old Dutch Ketchup chip addiction forever – just say no. And if, when you have your first taste, and your face scrunches up in a twisted ball of confusion and horror, remind yourself that you should have just said no. And if in desperation you decide to open this… ...to get rid of the taste of the first fatal mistaken bite, seriously – just say no. And as you gag and choke, cursing the name of this company that duped you into believing its claims for a “great taste and a better you” remind yourself again to just say no.

Just. Say. No.

Seriously people.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Now I want to try them. Did you throw them out?

Shirley said...

Not yet. I just look at them and shudder. Oh the disappointment.

Oh the horror.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of horror...ditto Reese Marshmallow Peanut Butter Cups! Yeeeeeuck!!

Becky said...

Hey. Save them then so I can taste them... Or my curiosity will force me to get my own. I can see me in the grocery aisle, "How bad can they really be?"

Toad said...

heh. as i was reading i thought to myself..."great now i have to go out and buy them so i can see how aweful they are" i wasn't the only one. its like when someone smells something horrible and says
"hey smell this, it stinks"
and the other person smells it. why? WHY?

Shirley said...

Well you certainly can have all of mine. But they won't taste as bad for you because I have prepared you. There is no assault on the tastebuds as deadly as absolute disappointment.

Toad said...

nope. they were bad. real bad. worse than i expected.

Becky said...

Yup. I haven't tasted very many things that taste as bad as that. Actually, I am trying to think of anything I have ever tasted that is as bad as that and I can't.

John said...

I once tasted some very old and rancid french dressing. I just kept eating it cause it was my first "meal" at my girlfriend, now wife, house. Finally Chris tasted her salad and thankfully threw out my salad. I can almost taste it now, 30 years later.