Sneakin' my Love Under the Wire.
October is (or has been) Pastor Appreciation month. That Hallmark - you can always count on them to give us another occasion to celebrate the ones we love. In honor of this occasion I am writing to express my appreciation for my pastor (and maybe remind you to sneak a little love to your own pastor before it hits midnight!). Let me tell you folks...I appreciate my pastor. And it's more than appreciation...it's down right love. I confess...I am in love with my pastor. I guess I should clarify for those of you who may not know...I happen to be married to him, so it's all ok. I am the only woman in the church who can fool around with the pastor without it leading to ex-communication. But that's another subject for another time.
Today I would like to share with you:
REASONS WHY I LOVE MY PASTOR...
1. He gives great pastoral visitations. I am number one on his visitation list. I know pastors are not supposed to play favorites, but I get the first visitation of the morning and the very last one at night. And if needed, I am guaranteed frequent hospital visitations. If I am ever in the hospital...I know that he will be the first one on the scene, and there will most likely be flowers.
2. His sermon illustrations are very relevant to my life. For some reason it's almost like he is actually speaking about my own life experiences! It all seems very familiar somehow. lol
3. He can pray like the best of them! Ever since we entered into Seminary He has been asked to pray for every meal, reunion, gathering, get together, barn raising, bar mitzvah...you name it. And still every night, without even being asked, he ends our day together with me in prayer.
4. He is a man of integrity. He is the same man "off duty" as he is on. Even on his days off, he is still just as kind and gentle and loving to me as he is to his congregation though the week.
5. He is concerned for my spiritual well-being. He encourages me in my walk with the Lord - not just from the pulpit, but from his example and with his words to me.
6. Well, he is just so cute. And he looks SMASHING in a tie.
Love you Honey...you're doing great and I am so proud of you!!

1 comment:
My Beautiful Wife
Thank you for who you are and for the way you bless my life. Your support in ministry and in life means so much to me. I love you.
HJ
Post a Comment