January 05, 2006

A Sick Start to the New Year.

Well Happy 2006 to you all. I was really hoping to ring in the new year with a blog full of hope and expectations for another year. I don't do resolutions, I do hopes. But instead I am ringing in the new year with the flu. Fever. Aches. Chills. Lots of sleeping. It's not pleasent people. And so with all the Christmas and holiday stuff, and now with being sick - I am behind on my updates on the blog. My sister told me if I didn't write soon I was going to lose my following of readers. The problem is that I am not sure what to write about...I could write on the shocking amount of blankets that one can find in a household, and how even under all those layers I can still freeze. I could write on the sick persons ability to simply sit and stare for hours on end. I am glad I now have a window to look out of. I could write about how my arms feel like they are moving through thick mud when I move them.

But even with all these sickly thoughts I still have high hopes that 2006 will be a good year. Honestly it won't take much to be better than 2005. But that is the great thing about a new year...you can put it all behind you and start fresh - and I love that. And so armed with that hope and an arsenal of blankets and drugs I wish you all the best in 2006.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that you're sick, but I'm SO glad that you're back blogging. I missed you. :)
I loved our time together over Christmas... When are you moving back to Winnipeg?!?!?!
AW

Shirley said...

Yes - our visit did bring new meaning to "glad tidings of comfort and joy". Merry Christmas to us! 2006!!! But remember our discussion on you moving to Yorkton? You're still thinking about that aren't you??? Get back to me.

Becky said...

Uhhhh... I guess this means I can't drop Ben off with you so I can have a nap? Get back to me.

Shirley said...

Ya, only if he wants to cuddle with me under the piles of blankets. But I can't guarantee the state of his health when you pick him up!