December 09, 2009

Randomly Lowering my Expectations

I was trying to figure out why it is such a struggle for me to keep up with this blog. Clearly I am able to post every day when I am actually committed to doing it. My reasoning is, that when one writes every day there is a certain amount of randomness expected. I mean let's face it, my life isn't that interesting. There is a certain amount of idle chit chat and filler that is acceptable in the context of every day forced writing. When I am not doing something like NaBloPoMo, I have much higher expectations on myself to come up with something "noteworthy". Thus the lack of writing. There is a fair amount of fuzz head that I am dealing with these days. It is a combination of lack of sleep and baby on the brain. Not a lot of noteworthiness going around in my head as of late. So I have decided to take it down a notch. Lower my expectations. More regular posting, less...um...point to my posts. How does that sound?

So here is what's floating around my head today...

~ I was watching Cityline the other morning. Apparently "Deer Decor" is really in this year. Wicker deer, sparkly deer, or country deer. Deer with lights, deer without lights, and so on and so forth. You name it. If it is deer related, then you are with it. Shortly after, I saw a family of four deer leaping across my front lawn. I love it. I am so up with the times.

~I cannot believe how much Harv and I love our new church. I am still trying to figure out a way to actually post some of my thoughts on this without offending those readers from my former church.

~ The two rooms in my house that are causing me the most annoyance on a daily basis are my kitchen and my office. I cannot seem to get a handle on either. It does not seem to matter how much I work on them, they are always messy. My mom is coming over tomorrow. I am hoping she can help me with this. Or at least entertain Sam so that I can deal with this.

~ I am also hoping that she can wash my floors. I hate washing floors. Then maybe I won't have to roll Sam off with the lint brush every time he slides around the floor collecting dust. He is like a mini swiffer.

~ I should return some phone calls tonight. I have so many people I need to call. It is a wonder I have any friends at all.

~ Sigh

~ That is a self-loathing, guilt-swimming sigh from the phone call comment.

~ I wonder if I could convince Amy to come for a visit. Even though it is most definitely "my turn to come down". (Please?!?!?)

~ Sigh

~ I should really be cleaning my office instead of writing on my blog.

~ I wonder how long my readers will keep coming back if I just post my random thinking every day?

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I like random thoughts. After all, it's what we talk about when we get together with girl friends. And if we can't get together every weekend, blogging will have to do. ;)