Going Out with No Bang...
...but rather, a crash.
Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo. There is a general sense of relief that this is over, out there among my fellow bloggers. I am on the fence. I actually did not find it too much of a stress...other than the days when Sam was sick. (Which come to think of it was almost half of the month.) I didn't actually mind the forced regularity. Kind of like bran for bloggers. I kinda liked it. Maybe it will be the catalyst for more regular posting in the future.
But back to the crash. Can you sense that something is just not quite right today? I know you can't...but it is staring me right in the face...quite literally. I am on Harv's laptop today.(Don't get me started on my personal disdain for laptops. That is another subject for another post.) I was searching on line for some info regarding the list (because I believe in well researched, truthful journalism) when all of a sudden...crash. My computer picked up a virus or something equally devastating to it (and to me personally). So now...it is on a ventilator and I am not sure if they can save it. OK...not quite so dramatic...but it is in the "shop" and "they" (the smart ones) are working on it. I really REALLY hope that they can save it. I would be DEVASTATED to loose everything on that computer. (I actually sound pretty calm, considering last evenings complete and total meltdown.)
So here I am...the 30th post on the 30th day. And I wanted to go out with a bang. But there is no bang. There is no celebration (though I do feel a tremendous amount of personal satisfaction for pulling this off). There is no interesting diatribe, or witty banter. It is just me...limping my way to the finish line on a dumb laptop. A little anti-climactic I think.
But just to show you that we still do know how to have a good time around here, here is Sam, sporting a new do to cheer on Mommy...See you next year! (Or maybe tomorrow...)
3 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh.
LOOK AT HIM!!!!!
(I can't be expected to comment on anything else when you end a post like that. Seriously. I can't even remember anything you wrote. Did something happen to your television?)
great lands almighty you have a second computer to fall back on and you call that limping to the finish??? you need to get a little older still...anon.
Did I mention my disdane for laptops?
Post a Comment