November 28, 2009

Because Youth is so Full of Contradictions...

Just to completely contradict my birthday post, I found this little ditty that made me feel REALLY old. I present to you…

You Know You’re Old When:

~ You remember the very first microwave in the family.
~ You once owned a pair of jelly shoes.
~ You remember the first time legwarmers were cool.
~ Spiral perms and feathered hair…need I say more?
~ You remember when Beta’s were a tape, not a fish.
~ You have eaten MacDonald’s pizza.
~ You had to get up and walk to the TV to change the channel.
~ You were paid $1.50 an hour for babysitting 4 kids.
~ You actually had to go to a library and look something up when you wanted information.
~ You have adopted a Pound Puppy
~ You knew that “Wax On, Wax Off” held all the answers to all of life’s questions.
~ You knew a time when beer commercials couldn’t show until after 10:00 pm.
~ You remember singing along to 8 tracks of Nana Mouskouri.
~ A perfect Sunday afternoon consisted watching Gidget movies. Ahhh Moondoggie...so dreamy.
~You remember the original Price is Right, Let's Make a Deal and Family Feud.
~ Wearing your sunglasses at night was cool. Thanks to Corey Hart.
~ Your mother had to actually consider whether I Dream of Jeanie was appropriate viewing material.
~ You can sing the theme song from Love Boat on demand.

Hmmmm. I would like to meet the young whippersnapper who came up with this list!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is TOO funny!! Other than the Gidget movies - I can relate to everything!!

Claudette

Becky said...

Probably a twelve-year-old. Pay no attention to it.

Shirley said...

It all hits a little close to home!!

Anonymous said...

The 8 track and Gidget movies are before my time, but everything else is dead on. Great list!!

Charlotte