Warm Heart - Cold Kraft Dinner
I planned it all so carefully. It was 2:00 and my boy was down for a rare nap. (One would think a baby would conk out eventually wouldn’t they?!) I decided I might actually get time for lunch, and after scouring a pathetic cupboard filled with the likes of kidney beans and beef consume, Kraft Dinner seemed to be the obvious choice. I quietly took the pot out of the cupboard, being extra careful not to clatter or bang as to ensure the sleepy state of young Samuel. The water boiled and pasta was cooked. As I mixed in the milk and powder I smiled to myself, thinking that things seemed to finally be going my way. It was all looking so good. What a good boy I have! I thought to myself. On the plate it went and as I raised my fork for the first time, settling in to my relaxing dinner of solitude, I heard it. A little wail coming from the nursery. A sure signal that someone else was also hungry. And by the sounds of it, he seemed to think he was hungrier than I. Unbelievable.
Do you think babies have radars? Do they just KNOW when mommy is about to take a bite?
It happens every time.
But, do you want to know something? I don’t even care. I just love that little guy. He is the only one that can keep me up all night and still melt my heart with that toothless little grin. He is the only one that can whine and fuss all day, wanting to be held ALL day, and when he FINALLY falls asleep, looks so adorable that I just can’t bear the thought of putting him down.
I’ll take cold Kraft Dinner any day for this little guy who makes my heart so warm.
3 comments:
When my first one was a new born, I ran to pick her up at the first whimper or squeak she made. By the time number 3 rolled around and started to cry I would say to myself, "I think I can get this pot of potatoes peeled before he gets too upset."
So glad you are enjoying your little bundle. Some day you will eat hot KD again!
I'm sure you've heard this 100 times, but he sure looks like Harv!
Claudette
I love leftover KD. It's one of my fave meals.
My personal theory, with regards to the instant crying as soon as you're ready to eat, is that the babies can smell the food too and it makes them hungry. Why wouldn't it?
Our solution is to eat in shifts, which doesn't work very well when Glen isn't home and which means that I often don't eat anything harder to prepare than an ice cream sandwich (unwrap and eat!) until Glen comes home.
weight loss program that i would NOT want to try.. but who says you cannot eat TOGETHER?? thats what i do with my kids...
Post a Comment