April 04, 2009

Endless Days, Blogless Nights

Not a whole lot of updates going on around here. No birth story. No adorable new pictures. No tales of woe about the adjustment to parenting. No gushing about my sweet angel boy.

There is no time.

No time between all the feeding and holding and diaper changing and comforting and bottle washing and laundry and rocking to sleep and sneaking out of the nursery praying that little one won't notice that I am no longer rocking him to sleep.

This new baby thing is so all consuming. Does it ever get any easier?

My wise sister told me in regard to these overwhelming new baby days - "The days drag on forever, but the years, they fly by."

So I am determined to enjoy this time while I have it. And enjoy my little one while he is still little. But does that mean it will be years before I update this blog on a regular basis? I would answer that but I hear a little squeaking that needs my attention in the other room and apparently my time has run out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember all too well my first days with a new born at home and a single, childless friend asking me what I actually did all day (implying that it must be nice to just sit at home). I honestly couldn't think of anything in reply. All I knew was that I was busy all day, but it looked and felt like I got nothing accomplished.
You're doing great, Shirl. Looking forward to meeting Samuel, and seeing you in mommy action!

Claudette

Becky said...

I'm not worried about the blog. You'll get desperate to talk to someone who can talk back, even if it's only cyber-talk, and you'll blog. Or you'll call me!

And seriously, it does get better and easier.

Shirley said...

Oh Claudette...please tell me that it wasn't me who made that comment to you!! I am seeing things so much more clearly now.

Actually...things are pretty unclear - but I think that is from the lack of sleep! :)

Anonymous said...

No -it wasn't you, but I don't want to reveal the commenters true identity ;) Let's just say she has kids now and she "gets" it!