Cries of Desperation from the Bakery Floor
I have not been spending a lot of time at my computer these days. There hasn’t been a lot of extra time, what with all the laying around with my feet up in a sad attempt to keep the blood pressure at bay, and to keep my ankles from looking like watermelons. The question that keeps running through my mind (in between pleading with baby to "head towards the light") is this – why does it take so long to make a baby? I mean c’mon now…is all this time REALLY necessary? How done does this little bun need to be?
Three more weeks to go, and I’m not going to lie to you – I am miserable. I keep trying to remind myself of how long I waited for this, and what a great privilege it is to be pregnant. But I feel so...DONE. And I want this little bun to be done too. I have found myself in tears on more that one occasion, telling Harv that I CANNOT be pregnant for even ONE MORE DAY. And yet…today is another day…and guess what? STILL PREGNANT.
I have a whole new appreciation for beached whales. And for mothers of more than one. And for the crazy 60 year old in the news who carried those twins for 9 months. I have a few strong opinions on parenting at that stage in life…but I can still admire her for dragging her poor body through the pregnancy at that age. I thought mid thirties was bad enough.
I’m so tired.
I’m so sore.
Please tell me there will be an end to this. Eventually this baby HAS to come out right?
9 comments:
Be assured - the baby HAS to come! And how life will change - for the better! Once you will meet this little PERSON on the outside of you, who will be a part of your life forever, you will be better able to put this into perspective.
Once you look into your little one's face, you will know that every second was worth it.
BUT I've been there too. The last few weeks of pregnancy are uncomfortable, somewhat sleepless (who can sleep with a bowling ball in their stomach?) and the days just seem to stretch on. But the good news? It WILL come to an end.
Can't wait to meet your little one!
Personally I think maybe that last stretch of being miserable and uncomfortable is God's way of psyching us up to deliver!! I went from being scared of labour and delivery to more of a "bring it on" attitude!! Just get it out!
Thanks for the update! One day, one night at at time!
Thanks all for the encouragement.
I totally agree with you Julie. I find my fears of labour are changing the more uncomfortable I feel. I'm still terrified...I'm just...embracing the terror! :)
LOL. I remember feeling like I would be pregnant FOREVER with Ben. Literally. I was sure he would never come. It didn't help when he went ten days over his due date. That's A THIRD OF A MONTH! Sigh.
And I agree with Julie too. Labor doesn't seem nearly as scary as the idea of being pregnant forever. Of course, once you're in labor it feels like it will go on forever, and then you have the baby, and you feel like it will cry forever and you'll be tired forever... I'm not helping am I?
Here's what I tell myself on days when I'm tired of being pregnant. It's easier to take care of it while it's still inside than it is when it comes out. Sometimes I almost manage to convince myself too!
on days like this just remember you were told: all this could have been avoided...
anon.
I understand completely Shirley! I was there just 2 1/2 months ago. I thought it would take forever and now it is hard to believe that Brook is 2 1/2 months old. At nine months I said never again, but now I'm think maybe....
IT CAME OUT!!!!!!!!
Ok Becky! You can't just say that and not share? When? Boy/Girl? Oh my...... now I want to know :-) I pray mom and baby are doing well!
Monica
Post a Comment