November 28, 2008

What's Happening...or rather, Happened.


I had wanted to post of picture of our For Sale sign by the house, and regale you with tales of the woes of home showings. You know what I mean – the continual need for the house to be spotless and show-worthy at any given time (Which incidentally, does not work all that well when you are not a naturally neat sort of person.) I had wanted to amuse you all with my tales. But the house sold in 4 days.

Then I wanted to post about house shopping and decision making and how I cannot even buy a toothbrush without thinking about it, and how did I expect to buy a house in one afternoon? But then we went and bought a house. Signed all the final papers on Wednesday.

I had wanted to write about the on goings of this pregnancy and all the things that I have been discovering and, well…enduring during this time. Then all of a sudden I woke up and am already in my third trimester.

I feel like I am missing out on some good blogging opportunities here! Why does it seem like the more that is going on in my life, and the more I have to write about, the less I actually write? Maybe I am just better at idle chit chat than actual journalism. Seems about right.

So in light of that, here is what’s happening, or rather happened…

1. We sold our house.

2. We bought another one

(*note: Those seem like fairly simple statements considering all the stress and tears and angst that came with those events. I'll leave it up to your imagination, and your particular knowledge of my stress tolerance to imagine what it must have been like in our household during that time.)

3. I mourned the loss of one house and resented having to change to another but am now getting quite excited about settling in.

4. I had a birthday on Wednesday. 36 seems a lot closer to 40 than to 30. sigh

5. I have been sick for 4 days with what I think is the flu, but the emerg. Dr. says it is heartburn. This doesn’t feel like heartburn. I know heartburn. This is not heartburn.

6. The people of the church have waited until Harv’s last week and are now trying to ALL book us for suppers/lunches/coffee's etc.

7. We are into packing, but have not done nearly as much as I wish. Harv keeps his eagle eye on me, so I won’t lift anything too heavy.

8. I officially entered my third trimester. I am on the home stretch, and feel like an absolute house. We went into a very full and breakable store last night. I have a whole new understanding of "bull in a china shop". Baby is kicking away, which I LOVE to feel. NO, we have NOT found out the gender of the baby...and really people, I wouldn't tell you even if we did. sigh. (is NO question of limits in pregnancy? I have had some doosies...)

9. I bought a little sleeper so that our baby doesn’t have to come home from the hospital naked. Other than that, we are shamefully behind in our baby shopping. My dad is of the opinion that all I need is diapers and bottles, and that’s it. Hmmm…and he’s usually so wise too. I didn’t want to break it to him that they wouldn’t even let us take the baby home from the hospital without a proper car seat.

10. We are starting to do “lasts” here in Yorkton. “Last time picking this up” or “last time preparing for a Sunday morning”. “Last time going to Wings for Chinese”, and “last time driving to see all the new houses that are popping up like flies.” I am starting to get excited about “firsts” in Gimli/Winnipeg. I already have a date to meet my sister at the spa once we move. SO excited.

11. And the other thing that is happen-ing, and I wish would have happen-ed, is all the packing. Must go plug away some more.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I was going to come on here and tell you to write a new post already. But you already did it. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad your house sold as quickly as it did.

I hope your transition goes smoothly and all is well, for your heart, and your stuff.

and I hope Manitoba is as good to you as it was to us.

:)


Blessings on your journey

Shirley said...

Thanks Randall. I know that after having just moved and settling in to a new church yourself, these well wishes come from a very informed heart!