Excuse Me, But Did Anyone Happen to See My Brain?
It seems to be missing.
Seriously, I think I have misplaced my brain, and I can’t seem to find it. I don’t know what is going on with me. Well, I do…it’s called pregnancy, and apparently brain loss is one of the symptoms. I’ll admit, in the past I didn’t really believe that one, but I have now been enlightened…or rather…dimmed (that seems a more appropriate term for how I am feeling).
Today I was floored to discover that my nephew is going into grade 9. Grade nine. How did he get there so fast? I was SURE it was grade 8 he was going into, even though I know that last year he was in grade 8. Do I think that after 8 comes…8? I don’t know how I missed a year without missing a year. That’s a real head scratcher.
And I’m all forgetful. Today I forgot that I was invited to a birthday supper. And I never forget things like that. Even sometimes when I wish that I could “forget”, I remember all the more.
And I feel all zoned out. I’ll be talking to Harv, and be in the middle of a sentence, and I'll just sort of…faze out, and have no idea what I was talking about. A lot of the time I feel like I am just floating around…confused.
And why is the "If I Only Had a Brain" song from The Wizard of Oz stuck in my head these days, playing over and over again? Sigh.
Please, PLEASE tell me that I will return to my faculties once this baby is born, or at least in time for its high school graduation!?!
5 comments:
I actually reached my most stupidest level AFTER Noah was born. So it might be a while yet before you return to your normal self. Well...as normal as can be expected.
(And yes, I'm also pregnant now which explains my horrible grammar, thank goodness for spell check.)
Nope. Sorry to break it to you. You're just gonna get dumber.
Oh, I SO know what you are talking about. I would double book myself on coffee dates, etc. so I started writing everything down. I believe most of my brain did come back, but some days I think it hasn't returned in its entirety!! :)
Charlotte
no idea about the recovery rate but I find adoption has made me smarter. hmmm...
So then if we have one of our own, and adopt one, then I should even out right?
Post a Comment