November 13, 2007

We now Interrupt our Regular Un-Scheduled Programming

I feel happy. It was a good night, and I just wanted to write a quick post and say exactly that. We had our first official small group meeting tonight. I guess I wouldn’t really call it a meeting...it was more of a gathering than a meeting. And there was food involved. Good food. I made spaghetti – A LOT of spaghetti. I have issues when it comes to making the proper amount of spaghetti. But that isn’t new to you is it?

So the small group thing…I feel happy. And I feel relieved that I feel happy. When Harv told me this summer that we were starting up small groups in the fall for those interested, I felt a bit nervous. I have commitment issues. That is, I have some hesitations to commit to anything on a regular basis…such as a weekly Bible study, or weekly…whatever. It just makes me nervous. I feel like we are busy enough as it is, and so I don’t like to cement too many things in as “regulars” in the schedule. I mean I do have my regular date with Grey’s Anatomy and the weekly drumstick addiction. And then of coarse there is my weekly Weight Watchers meeting to try and combat the nasty side effects of this aforementioned addiction. But other than that, the weeks just fill up naturally.

But I was feeling a stirring in me with this small group thing. And so I took the risk, and joined. Well, I didn’t really join…I actually consented to lead it in partnership with Hubby. And so tonight was our first meeting. I was hoping that the risk would pay off. I was hoping that this would be a positive thing for me. I was giving myself pep-talks all afternoon about being myself, and being real and not letting the politician in me rear her ugly head (or rather – lovely, and charming life-of-the-conversation fake head).

And so, it was a good night. And there was the beginning of group bonding. And there was talk of fun and learning, and relationship, and events involving chocolate. And I felt at ease. And I felt like me. And I felt hope for good things to come. I have something officially cemented in as a regular in my schedule. And it’s a good thing. And it was a good night. And I feel happy.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh good! I'm glad it went well! I was hoping it would.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Missed you lately. GOOD to know you are HAPPY!!

Becky said...

I may have found a babysitter. What do you think of THAT?

Shirley said...

Well I'd say "IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!"

Don't tease me...you know I am very excitable.