September 06, 2007

Shirley's Happiest Holiday Moment #3

Shirley's Happiest Holiday Moments from Her Hiatus to the Homeland.
Moment #3: Family Bonding at the Lake
A few days of our holiday was spent at the lake chillaxing and family bonding. Well, I should say chillaxing, family bonding, swatting black flies and cooking. It takes a lot of time cooking for such a big family! But a good time was had by all.

A lot of our time was spent in the water and on the boat. I think my ABSOLUTE favorite memory of the whole summer was watching my family in a brave attempt to climb on this beast of a contraption shown below. It is not as easy as it looks. If I close my eyes, I can still hear the sounds of my brother-in-law grunting and splashing and putting for a very concentrated effort to get on this thing. It makes me GIGGLE just thinking about it. Too bad for him he didn't have two sisters pushing and pulling like I did!

Even my Dad, the busy farmer took some time to relax...

That is, when he wasn't hanging on for dear life on the tube...

And not to be outdone by my father, even I took a turn! AWESOME!!

Good times.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this will shock you dear sis but this post deserves a comment.
I laughed out loud at the memories of this great time.... it is also on my list of favorite summer moments.

only you can word things in such a way that makes the post as much fun as the actual event.

Shirley said...

Oh My Goodness. Two years of blogging, and THIS finally gets my first comment out of you?

Well, that has made my day.

Becky said...

That is the biggest honkin' tube thingy I have EVER seen. Unreal.

Anonymous said...

Shirley: I'll comment as well! It does look like fun, and seeing your dad on that tube actually makes me fear for his safety! Thankfully his usual calm and collected demeanor in church assures me that he is okay. Looks like you had some good family times and it was also great to see you this summer. Come back again soon and we'll meet with Char.

Claudette

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley! Great times!
I just watched a documentary on tv about the whole tubing thing. I hope you guys are careful on it! SAFETY FIRST!
Nice to read a bit of you! drop me an email anytime!
Donna

Tea with Tiffany said...

This is great! I know what you are talking about with that beast. It's not easy to get on or stay on. But well worth every grunt.

Glad to see you connected with family this summer. The leaves are starting to turn on a few of our Colorado trees. Isn't that too early??

Thank you for your faithful support on my blog. Your Colorado Blogger Sister in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

...great to see you embracing life and laughter with warm summer memories!