Fallin' in Love with my Favorite Season
What bizzaro weather we are having today. It is a changing mix of rain to sleet to hail and then back to rain. It is cold and fall like. But I LOVE IT!! I love fall. Seriously…it is my most favored of all the seasons. I love the crisp and cool air. I love walking on the crunching leaves. I love the colors and the smells. There is just nothing better. Fall is the most beautiful time of the year.
Harv and I fell in love in the fall (aaaawwwww!). Yes we did. Maybe that is another reason why I love it. Or maybe that is WHY we fell in love…we were all intoxicated and hyped up on falling leaves, pretty colors, and pumpkin pies! Good thing I find him such a catch in ALL the seasons, or I may have to really think about this new theory I am stumbling on here. Hmmmm. We spent a lot of time outside that fall, seven years ago. We went on A LOT of walks and breathed in A LOT of fall air. Not much has changed. You can still find us out walking every night in the cool air. And yes, a lot of the times we are still holding hands. It’s the season people…fall just brings it out in me!
The other thing I love about fall is how everything is new, and beginning again. And I am not just talking about the new TV season (but let me tell you I am SO JAZZED about my shows starting. It’s like welcoming old friends back into my living room. But that is another post for another time…). Fall feels like a fresh beginning. I feel more of a sense of “starting over” than I do even in ringing in the New Year. Even though I haven’t been in school for a while now, I still get the same excitement of “things beginning” that I did when I was a student. And don’t even get me started on my love of new school supplies. That might just send me over the top here people!!
I am so thankful that God, in His infinite wonder and creativity, gave us seasons to enjoy. I am thankful that He gave us moments in the midst of the long year to feel like things are fresh and new. I am so glad that just when we are starting to lose the wonder of one season, He brings in another to keep us on our toes. Speaking of toes, all this talking of fall has given me the itch to go walk around in some crunchy leaves. I may even jump in a big pile of them…but then again, we wouldn’t want to get too crazy now. We’ll save those sort of shenanigans for the snowy piles of winter. Enjoy fall everyone!!
6 comments:
Okay - I know I'm being picky, but did you and Harv not fall in love the fall BEFORE you got married - therefore 8 years ago?... (see, I really do read your blog regularly! :)
By the way, I love fall too, but I love it MORE when it's not so frigid and wet!
AW
Hahaha. Yes, you read my blog, and you were there 8 years ago, getting a play by play. You see I'm still so intoxicated by the fall smells that I get all mixed up! :)
did you know that many countries in the world do not have the "recognizable" seasons that you have described... is this to say that God did not share his wonder and creativity with them??
anonymous
Does that mean that we in Canada are the chosen ones? Or maybe He shares His creativy with them in other ways.
Love fall too. Here in Colorado the colors are beautiful. My cottonwoods dump their leaves and make for great jumping piles for my kids. But they are also a pain to clean up after. We enjoy their shade in the summer though.
I, too, find fall to be a fresh start way more so than January. January it's so dark and the days are short. I'm still in hibernation mode then.
Enjoy the season!!
I love walking in the crunchy leaves too. And you are right about new school supplies - LOVE that too.
The leaves are all turning into golden & red colors...intoxicating. Katie can't wait to jump into a big pile of leaves except that our neighborhood is too new to have extra leaves around. We've got to go to a friend's house with nice big trees in the back yard...fun, fun, fun.
Char
Post a Comment