September 01, 2007

Aaaaaannnnnd I'm Back... I Think.

I'm trying to get back on the blogging bandwagon. I really am. I know I have been a little tardy in the posting department, but hey…it’s been summer and I’ve been gone and we've had DVBS and we've had a funeral, and I've had company and then more company and then…well you know how it goes.

I have been having a little bit of difficulty getting back into this part of my life. I have been feeling a little down, a little at a loss for words, a little out-of-sorts, a little restless…a wandering spirit if you will. So I thought I would post a small chronicle to boost my spirits, …a little memoir of happier moments I like to call:

Shirley’s Happiest Holiday Moments from Her Hiatus to the Homeland:

*By the way, I was discussing my blogging malaise with my friend Becky, and she suggested spreading out my happy holiday list over a number of days. We figured this would give me things to blog about, raise some excitement, and maybe win back my faithful readership. So here it goes...

Moment #1: Meeting the Babies!

First and foremost, the greatest moment of all was meeting my new niece and nephew, Tess and Teya. It was the moment I had been waiting for. They are a little shy, so I had to use all of my auntie wiles to woo and charm them. I think I definitely won them over in the end (though hard as I tried, I couldn't convince Teya to come home and live with Auntie instead of Mommy. It produced some giggles, but not the definite commitment I was looking for!). They are PRECIOUS, and a great delight to my heart.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

They are adorable!! :)

Becky said...

Awe. I know how you are with sharing your company, but when they come to visit you MUST let me come over for 15 minutes to see them live and in person. I won't try to win them over or anything, I just want to meet them.