The Hoarder's Helpless Holler
Oh mercy. I just saw a little segment on Dr. Phil about a woman hoarder. She kept everything from empty pill bottles to old toothpaste tubes. She was unable to throw anything away. I immediately headed downstairs in a fearful frenzy to start in on our storage/junk room. It’s a disaster. We haven’t needed anything from that room in the past year, and yet I could hardly throw anything away. Well, anything except for the goopy, used laundry detergent cup and the way past due vitamin bottle. I found an old, old magazine, and instead of throwing it out, I brought it upstairs in case I wanted to read it! JUST LIKE THE WOMAN ON THE SHOW!! I think it’s too late. I am beyond help. Before I know it Harv will be dragging me off to Dr. Phil (that is if he can find me amidst all the clutter). It will be me, Dr. Phil, and the Cat-lady – the crazy lady with 200 pet cats. I can just see it now.
5 comments:
SOMETIMES IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS IN A BOX AND I HAVEN'T NEEDED ANYTHING OUT OF IT FOR OVER A YEAR....I THROW IT OUT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING IN IT. I HAVE ONE BOX ONLY FOR KEEPSAKES AND THAT'S IT. THE REST I GET RID OF. DOES THAT HURT YOU TO HEAR? PERHAPS WHEN I COME TO DORKTON AGAIN I WILL COME OVER AND THROW THINGS AWAY FOR YOU.
Oh Ang - you are a bigger person than I. You have more inner fortitude. I think that maybe you are on to something with the not looking in the box idea. I think it would be less painful than agonizing over every little thing.
Holy cow. The thought of throwing out a whole box without looking through it just about made me throw up. That's just taking things too far.
Shirley, if you need a scare, come to my mother's house. I'm not sure whether it will cure or comfort you, though. I do know that as long as us kids were living there, it was kept at bay...but the result when we left home gave me a picture of what the world would be without the Holy Spirit. Come to think of it, is this hoarding because of those fish children you lost? I better pray for your cat to live forever, because I have SEEN the dark side, and you DON'T want to go there!
I taped Dr Phil and what do you know for some reason the channel was fuzzy. So I missed it. I wish I would've saw it. Growing up with little, I tend to save all the sentimental stuff. I wonder if my kids even care. But I do. I need all those cute drawings, notes and report cards. And all of the cards my husband has ever given me.
I saw the Dr Phil yesterday about the anerxia gals. How horrific!
Post a Comment