May 24, 2006

Upcoming Forecast: A Calming in the Winds

Let's see...do I still remember how to work this thing?

The whirlwind of the last month is starting to subside and I am catching a glimpse of familiar routine heading my way. The holiday was wonderful and the bags have been unpacked. An extended visit from a good friend and her children has come to an end. I think I have most of the honey and jam wiped off the coffee table from sticky little hands, but I am still finding toys and food under furniture. Our flowers are in, the weed pits have been worked over, and the garden will be ready to be planted after we till it one more time. My parents left this afternoon after a couple days of intense yard work, and the transformation in our yard has been so exciting.

The blog has been sadly neglected…but how can one even write with so much going on? And now, after so much has gone on, how can I even attempt to catch everyone up on everything that has happened? I was thinking of this very thing this morning as I was tooling around in the yard. What can I say to catch people up? No brilliant plan was formulated, but a comforting thought did indeed strike me. Aren’t you glad that there is no catching up with God? I am so glad that He walks with me, and He just KNOWS everything that has gone on, and is going on, and will be going on. There is no – “Oooops…I can’t believe I forgot to tell you that.” Or “Didn’t you know?” He just knows. And even if I have ignored Him for a while, He is still there, and still knows, because even if I am not telling Him what is happening on the path of my life – He is still walking on that path with me. And I like that.

So here’s to not having to catch up – but just jumping back into the normalness and routine of life. Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were hoping you would come back to us Shirley. We have greatly missed your inspirational thoughts in our published Daily Bread! rdh

Shirley said...

HEY - Published? Shouldn't I get some sort of royalties for that? I could use a little cash for my garden fund!

Anonymous said...

"But how can one even write with so much going on?"

I don't know... ask Becky.