Holy Quarter Cow Batman!
The other day one of our church couples called and asked us if we had any room in our freezer, because they wanted to give us a gift of some beef. They are beef farmers, and I guess it was time to kill the fatted calf so to speak. We accepted with great joy and thanksgiving. Sometimes us pastor type folks are so blessed. Today they arrived with FOUR boxes of beef. A quarter of a cow. A QUARTER COW PEOPLE!!! Do you know how much beef that is? I sure did not. And I sure was not prepared for how much space a quarter cow takes up in an apartment sized deep freezer. But I’ll tell you, creatively squeezing in meat is a very nice problem to have!! We now have ground beef, and T-bones and ground beef, and sirloin steaks, and ground beef and roasts and soup bones, and did I mention ground beef? Our freezer is packed to the brim, all of the freezer burnt buns have been tossed, and I guess we will be having roast chicken in the next day or two, because that big beast of a bird is now defrosting in the fridge by default.
Now if we could just get the back yard to melt. I am itching for BBQ season to start. You are all invited!! We will smile over sirloins, and talk over T-bones. How many hamburger patties do you think that I could form with 50+ lbs of ground beef? Um...you'd better bring a friend!! Can't wait!
(You’ll just have to bring the buns. Mine are now feeding birds somewhere in the back alley.)
1 comment:
You pastor types deserve a lot more than just an occasional 1/4 cow. Its just that us church filling types don't do it often enough. Big kudos to those that do. May Gods blessings be heaped on you so high that you can't see over them.
Post a Comment