Much to do About Nothing...or Rather Nothing Much to do...
So much to do. I need to clean the house, because we are getting supper company tomorrow. The dishes need to be done and the bathrooms cleaned. The floors need to be washed. The cat hair battle must be won. I should really make a good dessert for the occasion. My office is a disaster, and I am behind on my emailing. I really should clean out the fridge. I would like to write a letter to my Grandma, and I have a few phone calls to make. I need to prepare a lesson for a discipleship session with one of the youth. Oh, speaking of youth, the youth group is coming over for a pizza party of Friday – I should get a devotional ready for that. I haven’t picked up my bass guitar in a shameful while. I need to make a hair appointment, cause I am looking pretty shaggy. I need to make some meatballs for the church potluck on Sunday. And one of the seniors broke her hip – I wonder if I should arrange some meals to be brought to her? I need to pick a song for special music for church. I haven’t made any cards in a while, and there are birthdays coming up. And will I ever clean out that basement spare room? The garbage needs to be taken out. We still have some pictures to hang…
And yet, I just walked in to the living room and gave Harv a big sigh. “I’m bored. There is nothing to do.” Sigh.
2 comments:
Just be thankful you have such a clear sense of what needs doing,instesd of buzzing about in a fog like some of us.It can all seem overwhelming so remember,"babysteps"; and set your timer for 15 minutes at a time for a project.
There's nothing to do around here either.
Rather, nothing I WANT to do anyway. :)
Post a Comment