January 16, 2006

The Pathetic Ramblings of an Uninspired Mind...

What to do? What to do? What does one do when the flesh is willing, but the mind is weak? Well, what I mean is, the blogger is willing, the update is needed, but the content is sadly lacking. The fountain of inspiration is dry. And really, we all know that this can only lead to one thing…purposeless wanderings. The pathetic ramblings of an uninspired mind. But…that’s all I got, so may the disjointed meanderings of my mind begin. Incidentally, my handy thesaurus states that rambling is synonymous with torturous, so you are in for a real treat here people!

Let’s see…

Last night we had a financial seminar at our church. I sent Harv to represent us. I told him that if it was a cooking or crafts seminar, I would go, and he could stay home. Apparently my absence was “frowned upon” by a few. But let me tell you, there has been a lot of frowning thrown in my direction lately, so I am really getting used to it (well I am not actually getting used to it, but that did sound tough of me don't you think?). Instead I stayed home and watched “The Hulk” on TV. Quite inspiring I must say. I wish that every time I got angry I could swell up to 8 times my size and stomp around messing up stuff. What a release. I mean really, there should be some sort of anger management requirement there, but maybe for one night there could be a rage allowance.

Speaking of rage, today we went to Superstore for groceries, and it was less than its usual horrific experience. The cart was full before the budget was empty, and THAT is a good thing. It was “Dollar Days”, so I managed to steal a few deals in the process. I LOVE Dollar Days!! I had never actually encountered Dollar Days before, but they did help to score a few brownie points for the store I love to loathe.

We went to MacDonald’s for lunch today. Why we did that I am not sure. The visit came after a long period of purposeful avoidance. I think that I have lost my taste for the Quarter Pounder. I think that I just needed some lengthy time apart to realize my true unearthed feelings for that particular menu item. Seriously…I feel like I just drank a vat of oil. Not Good people. NOT GOOD. So I think that I am going to make a very very healthy stir fry for supper to try and undue some of the damage to our arteries. Well it was a comfort to know that one thing never changes, even after a long MacDonald’s furlough…we still leave there asking ourselves… “Why did we eat there? What were we thinking?”

Tomorrow is my first Bass guitar lesson since before Christmas. I have not picked it up since before Christmas. There is a definite potential for disaster here.

Harv is sick. Cough due to cold. Sniffling, sore throat, just generally miserable. And the icing on the sickly cake was his visit to the dentist this morning for 2 fillings. Feel free to refer to an earlier post for enlightenment regarding my nursing skills.

Well, not sure what else to ramble about. Maybe the spirit will move with more inspiration later. Happy trails everyone.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

rambling or not--reflection is a skill unique to humans--so evaluate and make choices!

Shirley said...

Um...er...I have read and read and reread your comment, and though I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I must ask you...HUH? What are you talking about? Evaluate and make choices? Like choosing whether or not to care for my sick huuby? And choosing to stay within my superstore budget? I don't get it. Please clarify.

But I did enjoy your pen name. I have given Abby (the cat) the same name from time to time. But that is probably not what you were going for.

Becky said...

Maybe fluff means you should evaluate and make choices about what kind of puff comes out of your brain onto your blog... ??

Actually I liked this post. Recently, all I've managed is fluff on my blog too... You were making me look bad. You still have a ways to catch up all with my trivial posts... I'm expecting to hear some stuff about snow shoveling and maybe about Cranium longings...

P.S. Down with word verification!

Shirley said...

Snow shoveling? Did you drive by our house today? Is that why you are saying that? Didn't I mention that our main snow removal engineer is sick and in bed?

Becky said...

No, I only mentioned it because I know our driveway needs and is not getting it.

(Although I do drive by and peer in your windows frequently just to make sure you aren't holding dinner parties without us...

Shirley said...

Well that just would never happen.

Shirley said...

Well, other than tonight that is. But tonight is more of a dinner ENGAGEMENT, not a dinner PARTY. If it was a party, you would DEFINATELY be there! For SURE.

Becky said...

If you're there I'm pretty sure that constitutes a party.

P.S. Down with word verification.

Shirley said...

You say that because whenever we are together there is alot of laughter, shinanigans and hoopla. But that is all you. When it's just me, it's VERY serious. You are the funny one.

Becky said...

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm just loud... It's not necessary to be funny if you are loud.

P.S. I never get spam anymore, even without word verification. I had to type in xtygmxot this time. It took me about 3 minutes... IT'S SO HARD! You should try life without it. I'm sitting on a stool for you... Now I want you to lose the word verification (on a trial basis) for me... PRETTY PLEASE!