Having Myself a Merry Little Christmas...
We have been in full hustle and bustle mode. Things get a little busy around this time of year for pastoral type people, and for everyone else too I know. But I think that I have finally turned a corner from Jingle Bells to Silent Night. Sunday night was our annual Christmas banquet. It was a lot, a LOT, A LOT of work, but it went very well and I think people enjoyed themselves. Now that it is over I feel like I can actually relax and enjoy this season. So today I am feeling pretty festive and jolly. And peaceful. Now that all the “have to do” stuff is out of the way, we get to do the fun things, like delivering chocolates to our Church Elders, and going Christmas carolling, and just enjoying this great birthday bash.
Abby is feeling happier today as well. Maybe she senses my mood. Today she gets free roam of the house. We have been putting her in my office for nights and when we are not at home. And because we have been gone so much, she has been in here a lot. We wouldn’t have to do this if we could keep her away from the tree. But there is something about it that sends her on a mad dash to the top in minutes. It’s very annoying.
I am about to go make sugar cookies, cause they are Harv’s favorite, and I love to decorate them. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas week!
2 comments:
A day and a half more and I shall join you in the 'Silent Night' phase. I can't wait! Are you making any treks eastward this Christmas? Would LOVE to see you... Merry Christmas!
AW
Could it happen that we are actually in Winnipeg at the same time? That would be WONDERFUL!!! I'm going to phone you. We have to make plans.
Post a Comment