Another day of Random Thinking...
The week is half over and there has been no time for blogging. How can you tell that it is getting close to Christmas? Things are getting a little crazy for us church folk. What with all the banquets and carolling, hamper deliveries and programs, it is a wonder that we find time for card writing, Christmas baking, house decorating, and the portrayal of a general sense of merriment wherever we go. I am learning balance this year as I am ruthlessly slashing my list of hope-full accomplishments to only the things that are realistic. Well I am trying to slash my list anyways. Old habits die hard.
Speaking of dying, we met with our life insurance guy this morning. He was driving by and stopped to meet with us. Just checking in I guess. Just to see how we were feeling? I told him I was feeling a little stressed, and asked him how much my rates would go up if I took up smoking. He thought that was pretty funny. Harv did not. It is a little sobering meeting about stuff like that. Harv is under strict instruction that he is not allowed to die before me. I read once of Piglet saying to Pooh that if Pooh lived to be one hundred and two, then he would like to live to be one hundred and one so that he wouldn’t have to live a single moment without him. Very sweet. But really wouldn’t it be better to die on the same day so that neither of them would have to suffer? Isn’t Piglet being a little selfish?
I think about this way more than I should. About death, not about Piglet. I often fear what I would do if something happened to Harv. It is amazing how much someone can fill your life after only 5 years. I almost forget that there was a time when he wasn’t in my life at all. I used to fear that I would never get married. I thought that I would be alone forever. Now I fear that Harv will die and I will be left alone forever. I know that this is why God reminds us that nothing is constant except Him, and that He is the only one that will never ever leave us. I find it hard to set aside my fears and hang on to this fact. Is that why people get life insurance? To help ease some of the fears and worry’s of the “what if’s”? Does that mean that by getting life insurance you are not trusting God for your future? Oh my, this could be opening a can of worms. And all I meant to do was just drop in today and say Hi after a week on not writing. It is just amazing where my mind can take me. I think that I better quit while I am ahead. And besides I have some Christmas baking to do. Just a few of the things that I crossed off my list, but have every intention of doing anyways!! Have a good day all!!
7 comments:
Funny. Glen is under the same instructions and has been for a long time. Sometimes I think you and I are a little too alike.
In other news. Ben stinks.
Literally.
would you really be completely alone? you know, even tho you couldnt always see me i was right there for you. and always will be. (but dont cancel that insurance policy)
Yes, we are never alone. And there is always family kicking around there somewhere.They were there when we came into this world, they will most likely be there in some form of another when we leave this world.
I talked to my sweet Grandma on the day that I wrote this. It would have been her 61st anniversary that day. Grandpa died 15 years ago. So we discussed her being without him for 15 years, and my fears of being alone. And she stressed again and again that God is the ONLY security that we have, and He is the one that sustains us through anything. That Grandma. She knows just what to say.
Ang, if you are looking for a beneficary, my address is...
Or you could be like us and leave everything to the cat.
Shirley,
Just don't count on the fish being there. We know their lifespan is challenged to begin with...and the cat isn't helping their odds....
Speaking of the cat...are you sure you want to leave everything to a creature with murder on her mind? That might be all the motivation she needs to work her way up from fish to larger creatures....Think about it!
xoxo CR
Post a Comment