September 26, 2005

Becoming like my mother...

I woke up this morning and realized that I had crossed over. I have become my mother. OK, not exactly - we are very different - but in one glorious way we have become the same. I now officially love Mondays. I grew up with the rest of the world - relagating Mondays like many out there - something to dread and endure.
The dreaded start of the new week. Heading back to school, going back to work. Having to go start a new, long week of working in the trenches. OK to clarify. I DO NOT actually work IN the trenches. I do not work in the minefields, and I have never dug a ditch. Don't go blogging me about working as a well digger or something. But retail can feel like the trenches at times. BUT OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE a day off can make. Now that we are pastoring, Harv and I have both managed to have Mondays as our day off. And oh how things have changed. I now love mondays. And the little voices in my head sound just like my mother - a whole week before me - like a blank slate - what can I all acomplish?! And so this monday morning as I look ahead and plan my week (and YES - there are LISTS involved. I could write a whole blog on my obsession with lists.) I add a new joy to my already happy mondays...blogging. Could life get any better? Just don't ask me how I feel about Tuesdays...

4 comments:

Becky said...

How do you feel about Tuesdays? ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish i could be that motivated. I also LOVE MOndays as they are my days off, but I can NEVER seem to get what I need done. Tuesday comes along waaaay too quickly!
So, tell us REALLY how you feel about Tuesdays :0p

Shirley said...

When you have Monday's off and must return to normal life on Tuesdays...doesn't Tuesdays become the new Mondays? My solution for that...take Tuesdays off as well!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that idea!!! YOu are such a thunker! That's true about Tuesdays being like Monday's. I honestly felt like that today. Oye,yoy! It makes one feel like they should just crawl back into bed!